Friday, October 5, 2012

Justin Bieber cost toy doll makers $100,000 when he cut his hair - Entertainment - Music

he Canadian singer opted for a new haircut earlier this year just before he turned 17 - a sudden move that left The Bridge Direct company reeling, according to CNN. Gone was his trademark shaggy sideswept 'do' and in place was a funky, shorter look. "First off, I had no idea what he did," said Jay Foreman, founder and CEO of the Florida-based firm, which hit the jackpot in June 2010 by scoring an exclusive license to make Justin Bieber dolls. "I heard a lot of shrieks around me, and people running in and out of their offices." The unexpected chop meant the firm, based in Boca Raton, had to alter its autumn 2011 round of manufacturing to reflect Bieber's fresh image - a last minute switch now revealed to have cost $100,000. "We didn't want to disappoint fans with a Justin Bieber doll that doesn't look exactly like him anymore," added Foreman. "But there wasn't much we could do about it." So although the new Bieber figurine set to hit store shelves soon will retain his forme r sidesweep style, Bieber's hair has since been changed for the second round of production. "Would I rather that Justin called me three months before he made a hair change? Yes. But we know that won't happen," said Foreman.

Teen heartthrob Justin Bieber has recorded a festive duet with the queen of Christmas tunes, Mariah Carey. The song will feature on the 17-year-old's highly anticipated Christmas album, Under the Mistletoe, which goes on sale on November 1. Along with Justin's announcement was a video from Mariah, 41, in which she said the pair have recorded All I Want For Christmas Is You together - Carey's massive Christmas hit. Mariah broke the news in a video posted on Twitter, saying: "Justin and I are doing this duet together. It is my song All I Want for Christmas Is You, which I wrote and produced. "I think a lot of you are already very surprised by this and you're going to be even more surprised when you hear it. The song sounds great. I'm very excited for everybody to hear it this Christmas and to be totally festive with our festive collaboration."

Teen heartthrob Justin Bieber and his girlfriend Selena Gomez have been invited to lunch by David and Victoria Beckham. The U Smile singer has met the football star, whose sons, Brooklyn, 12, Romeo, nine, and Cruz, six, are massive fans of his, several times before and he is now waiting for a free date in his diary to meet with David, 36, and his 37-year-old wife Victoria. The 17-year-old said: "I have met David more than once, but I haven't met Victoria properly yet. They seem a really cool family, and I would like to spend more time with them in the future for sure...They have invited us [me and Selena] out for lunch." Bieber, who has been dating Disney star Gomez, 19, since March, previously sent the boys signed guitars after discovering they are huge fans of his, and the former Spice Girl has always been very appreciative. He added: "David and the boys are really cool and, even though I don't know Victoria well, she is really sweet to me. I have sent the boys a few sig ned gifts, and every time she has always made sure she's thanked me. They seem like a really sweet, genuine family." The couple welcomed their fourth child, daughter Harper Seven, into the world back in July and son Romeo wanted his parents to name the baby 'Justine Bieber Beckham'. When asked if he knew about Romeo's wish, Justin said: "I saw that on Victoria's Twitter and thought it was great. In the end, they ended up naming their daughter after a character in Selena's show, so maybe they can name their next one after me!" The Baby hitmaker also said that he thinks British pop star Cheryl Cole would make a perfect wife. Asked if the Girls Aloud star would be a perfect wife, the Canadian singer said: "She is really hot but, most importantly, she is a really nice person and is kind to people so, yes, I think so." Bieber, who is reportedly working with Geordie Cheryl, 28, on her upcoming third solo album, continued to praise the former X Factor judge, adding to British New! magazine: "I think she can be a great actress as well. "The new generation usually act, sing and present and Cheryl is no different from them. If she wants to be one of Hollywood's leading ladies then I think she can be."





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment